Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Days of Our Sims Part 14

All was looking well on the first night home with the twins. Evan played in his room:

The twins were safe and sound and quiet in their cribs:

Evan continued playing:

Then the screaming started...

And it never really ended. Lukas was seriously in trouble. Every single need he had was in the red: hunger, energy, hygiene, fun, bladder, everything. I tried to give him a break with just Makenzie tending to the girls:

But she was just overwhelmed, outnumbered and the crying was grinding her last nerve. All they did was cry:

So, to escape the noise, I finished decorating the nursery. I think, when the girls get older, there will be some room rearranging. Either the twins will move into the bedroom downstairs or Lukas and Makenzie will, with Evan moving into their bedroom and me knocking down the wall between the two nurseries to make a large bedroom for the twins. Or I might even give the twins separate rooms. I don't know. But anyways, here's the nursery:

I do so love this tree with the shelving:

The twins continued to cry. They were hungry. They needed diaper changes. They kept waking each other up. They were lonely.

Lukas and Makenzie coped.

Between tending to the twins, tending to basic needs like food, bathroom trips, showers and Evan, they maybe got 5-20 SimMinute intervals of sleep before I had to wake them to tend to the twins again:

So, after two days of this with Makenzie and Lukas constantly in the red but Makenzie just barely faring better than Lukas, I triggered the twins' birthdays a day early:

But I missed the birthday sparkles. To be honest, I don't even know which is which in these pictures. I want to say Avery is upstairs and Sarah is downstairs but I don't know for sure.

I'm not even sure how they ended up on different floors, to tell the truth. While the twins were aging up, the game informed me it was Evan's birthday, which I did capture:

The next several real life hours were spent doing makeovers on all three children. The twins are virtually identical. They may look different as they age but for now I've just color coded them with their favorite colors: Sarah is fuchsia/purple and Avery is turquoise/green:

As you can see, we celebrated the end of babyhood and our new makeovers with a family meal:

The first picture I managed to take with the whole family:

Lukas and Evan eating together:

While the girls all went to bed, the boys went out to play a game. I think it's called Gnubbs or something like that. Basically they get three tosses of the baton a turn and have to knock over their opponent's wooden bunnies. Once they knock over all the bunnies, they get a chance to knock over the wooden king bunny in the middle of the...area...and if they do, they win. Lukas takes his turn...

...and knocks down three of Evan's bunnies! (Yes, I know only two are down in the last picture, I don't have one of all three down until...) Evan takes his turn...

...and takes out two of Lukas' bunnies and whacks himself in the head with the baton on his second try. Sorry, no picture. Lukas takes his next turn...

...and takes out the king!

Lukas wins!

And the game magically resets itself:

A close-up of Evan the shaggy child:

And of quiet, sleeping twins! (YAY!)

Since Evan was exhausted and wanted to go to bed, I quickly updated his room:

The next morning everyone woke up happy, refreshed and hungry. Makenzie made grape pancakes and even put some in the blender for the girls:

After breakfast, everyone got dressed and it was time for Walking 101!

Sarah turned out to be a natural walker. She took steps on her very first try!

Avery, however, was more tentative and toppled over when Lukas let go of her:

Where was Evan during all this, you ask? He went back to bed after breakfast:

Walking 101 is exhausting, so while the twins (and Lukas) were napping, Makenzie worked on a new painting:

Evan woke up and rolled the want to Read A Book. So I obliged:

Makenzie and Evan had lunch together:

And then it was Makenzie's turn to read a book:

Lukas, meanwhile, had gotten up, gotten the twins up and dressed and brought them down to the toy-ridden living room for some playtime:

No comments: