Monday, May 23, 2011

Days of Our Sims Part 13

We started out the day with Makenzie and Evan reading stories out in the backyard:

Evan had the all important job of turning the pages:

Then, as Makenzie was putting the book away, Evan toddled out to the front yard where he played quietly with his big pink bunny:

Makenzie brought him into the house and left him in the care of SimMe and Lukas while she went out to run errands...on her bike...

Um...I'm all for exercise, really, but shouldn't very pregnant women drive? Especially since there are two cars just sitting in front of the house?!

Even though Makenzie picked her mode of transportation all on her own, she still felt the need to remind me once we made it to the grocery store that she is pregnant (and wearing heals?)

The grocery store:

The stores downtown are rabbit holes, much like the hospital and when Lukas deals with poltergeists. The sims go in and I stare at the building, bored, until they come back out again:

Makenzie then biked to the bookstore that her family owns and collected their profits.

I had her browse for new recipe and guitar song books and realized, to my horror, the bookstore had no books! None at all! Somewhere along the line, I had broken my game and removed the books! So, I paused everything and googled my problem and discovered I had an outdated mod in my game. Oops. Fixing it would require me to shut the game down, remove the offending mod and install the updated one. So I sent Makenzie home and zoomed over there myself to see what was going on.
I found Evan sobbing in his highchair:

Apparently Daddy and Grandma are very bad babysitters who ignore the crying baby to play video games.

And chat online!

I sent SimMe to take care of poor Evan but by the time she'd shut down the computer, gotten up, whined at me that she was hungry and the crying was annoying her, Makenzie had come home and taken care of business herself.

Poor Evan was so tired he fell asleep sitting in his crib and then flopped over:

At this point, I shut everything down and hopefully fixed the lack of books at the bookstore problem. But as you'll see, I didn't exactly have time to test it.

When I rejoined everyone, SimMe and Makenzie were having a random discussion outside by the cars:

During which Makenzie complained repeatedly about her aching back:

So I sent hungry SimMe inside for dinner and Lukas outside to give Makenzie a massage.

The game suddenly pulled me away from Lukas and Makenzie to focus on SimMe in the kitchen.

OH NO! NOT THE SPARKLES!

NO! BAD SPARKLES! BAD!

SimMe was shocked:

And floated aimlessly in the kitchen:

Makenzie was horrified:

SimMe floated out through the wall to meet Death:

Where Lukas caught up with her:

And, here is the most heartbreaking part, unlike Jeff who accepted his fate and move on, SimMe begged and pleaded for her life:

But Death, the bastard, said no:

And both of them vanished, leaving poor Lukas with my gravestone on his foot:

Lukas ran in to check on Evan while Makenzie sobbed quietly:

Makenzie asked me if she could read a parenting book, so I sent her inside to do so. At the kitchen table was...the Ghost of Jeff!

Makenzie joined him while Lukas tried to get my attention to let me know he was terribly sad over the death of SimMe:

Then he helped himself to SimMe's dinner:

The Ghost of Jeff soon departed:

And all of this proved too much for Makenzie, who went into labor:

Lukas panicked:

But at least this time he made it to the car first:

Makenzie delivered healthy, happy twin girls:

Yeah, Makenzie, that was my reaction too...

Presenting Sarah (L) and Avery (R):

In a hastily thrown together nursery:

And we leave off with Lukas telling Evan about his new sisters:

No comments: