Monday, October 4, 2010

Days of Our Sims Part 1

I have Sims 3 now! Different looking Sims, more restricted play options (due to the lack of expansion packs released so far), different modes of play and new buy/build options await!

I started out with SimMe living in Barnacle Bay, a remote little fishing town previously settled by pirates. It's very Haven-esque.

SimMe moved into a beautiful oceanside one-storey home:
 

It's rather sparsely decorated due to lack of money:
 

It did come with a beautiful backyard:
 

A lounge chair in just the right spot for ocean viewing:
 

And napping:
 

SimMe has the lifetime wish of becoming a world famous surgeon. It wasn't long before she met Jeff Smith, an up-and-coming politician at a vaccination clinic. One thing lead to another...
 

...and pretty soon they were married. I have no pictures of the engagement or wedding due to them deciding to have both events in the bathroom for reasons only they know. Jeff and SimMe waited a couple Sim Days before trying to start a family and it wasn't long before baby Liam arrived. Some reconstruction was necessary to give baby Liam his own room, so I added a second story:
 

Jeff, who had taken up the guitar during SimMe's pregnancy, was fond of playing the baby to sleep:
 

Unfortunately, these nightly guitar sessions lead to unwelcome visits from this random sim, who had an unhealthy obsession with SimMe and the house:
 

He would stick around and think about the house long after SimMe went inside:
 

Then, he would stare longingly through the window at SimMe:
 


Before suddenly taking off and running to his getaway car:
 



It was all very odd. Liam aged into a toddler, as all infants do. He had his difficult moments:
 

His evil-possessive-glaring moments:
 
 His uncomfortable-with-fatherly-affection moments:
 
And general adorable moments:
 
 During this time, his sister Makenzie was born. Unfortunately, I have no pictures of her until she was a toddler. She has to be one of my most favorite sims. She's very sweet and absolutely adores music.
Here she is in her crib, waiting patiently for someone to get her after her nap. Much unlike her brother, who would stand there and scream, rattling the sides of the crib:
 
 She spent much of her toddlerhood playing in her toy box:
 
 
 



 
 Which, of course, completely wore her out:
 
 SimMe decided she was done having children and needed to lose the rest of the baby weight. It went as well as could be expected:
 
 So I provided a fancy new bathroom for SimMe to relax in (you have no idea how long I had to watch her in the bathtub before she put her arms in an appropriate position):
 
At some point, Liam aged into a child. I have no pictures of him. He was a really annoying toddler and I didn't like him much. I do have pictures of Makenzie's birthday party:
 
Everyone came together and Makenzie was dressed in her best purple party dress. She leaned in to blow out the candles on her cake:
 
And without warning, the cake burst into flames:

Things got progressively worse...
 
But eventually the firefighters got control of the fire:
 
And then there was nothing left to do but mop the soot out of the carpet...
 
The family then wisely decided to celebrate Makenzie's birthday without fire, so they had a dance party:

Where they discussed podiums:

Liam and Makenzie never really got along as children, so they usually refused to play together:

With the children more self sufficient and out of the house for school every day, SimMe took up sculpture. I mean, who doesn't sculpt giant blocks of ice with a chainsaw in their spare time?
 
Bonus points for doing it in your work scrubs!
 
It is always best to sculpt with chainsaws while in energy desperation. Sometimes, you wind up sculpting ice chairs...
 
Liam (again, I have no pictures, I really did not like him) met himself an absolutely horrid girl at school and fell madly in love. She had terrible '80s hair and an overall nasty attitude, so I fixed her up for him by giving her a more modern look and much better social traits than 'Snobby', 'Unlucky' and 'Evil'. Liam risked staying out past curfew at her house to make out in her bathroom. Unfortunately, the cops found him and...executed him. I have no idea what happened to him. They stuffed him in the squad car and he just vanished. He disappeared from my Sim Control Panel and none of my sims could contact him anymore. He wasn't at the jail, he never came home from school, he was gone. Eventually I had to solve this glitch by having Jeff temporarily move out of the house and take the children with him. When I moved them back in, Liam mysteriously reappeared...just in time for Makenzie's birthday! Let's hope for no fires this time:
 
She morphed into a sullen teen with a truly horrible fashion sense:

And a perfect I-will-kill-you-in-your-sleep stare:
 
So, I gave her a makeover. A new shirt in her favorite color, a different hairstyle and some makeup and she was gorgeous! I also gave her a pretty purple guitar for her to jam on:
 
After Liam disappeared and reappeared, he was much more enjoyable and pleasant. He and Makenzie would often be found doing their homework together in the garden:
 
Which is where I left off yesterday.

No comments: